Sunday, June 26, 2016

BC Enduro Series - Kamloops - June 4th by Kieran Nilsen

BC Enduro Series​ Race Report, Kamloops BC, June 4th
by Kieran Nilsen

We left on Friday afternoon to head out to Kamloops for my third BC Enduro series stop this year. By now I had the race process a little more figured out. It was about not just being fast, but being consistent. That was my goal. Practice on Saturday did not go too well. We rode stage three first as it was the easiest to access then hiked up to stage one. A ways down stage one I ended up taking a pretty bad crashes resulting in a crushed helmet and a very broken derailleur. I slowly made my way down to the car and waited for Carter to finish up practice so we could go to the bike shop. After finally getting all my stuff figured out we headed back to the venue later on that day. I managed to get in all the stages for practice except for the last one and was exhausted after a long stressful day.
That next morning I packed up all my stuff, help load the bikes onto the truck and we took off to the race. I rode pretty clean but also pretty conservatively. I definitely could’ve pushed myself a little more on stage one but sometimes that’s how racing goes. Stage two was fast except for the mistake I made near the top where I went off track completely and ended up in a meadow. One thing that I forgot to remember was all the blind corners in that stage. Stage three was fast and flowy and I had a couple sketchy moments but it went pretty smooth. Stage four was a slalom course going down the ski run. I was a little nervous and changed over to flat pedals so I could throw my foot out whenever. It went pretty smooth considering I hadn’t ridden it yet. All in all I had an amazing day hanging out with friends and riding bikes.

A Big Thank You to our sponsors: Sew What, I Sew​, Eatmore Sprouts & Greens Ltd.​, Rob Nygren Royal Lepage Realtor​, Riverway Dental Inc.​, Western One Rentals. And Sales​, Wedler Engineering LLP​, Airport Service and Mini-Storage​, Trail Bicycles​


No comments:

Post a Comment